- • Conducting foreclosure prevention training,
'Under A Shadow: Dealing with the Threat
of Foreclosure". The CD Is available for
purchase and the seminar is conducted each
Thursday at various locations.
- • Regularly conduct local workshops for
housing counselors and persons at risk of
- • Default and delinquency training for housing
- • Foreclosure prevention training for
individual homeowners: 'Under a Shadow"
workshops conducted each Thursday.
- • Serve as the voice of the foreclosure crisis in
Prince George's County area-wide through
participation in panel discussions and through
- • Co-sponsored a Foreclosure Prevention
Forum in Annapolis with the Baltimore
Homeownership Preservation Coalition in
- • Co-sponsored an area-wide Homeownership
Education and Foreclosure Prevention Forum with
HUD, The Maryland Department of Housing
(DHCD), Prince Georges Department of Housing,
and other agencies in March 2008.
- • Forged relationships with legal service agencies
to extend the legal aspects of services available to
- • Partnered with the Maryland Association of
Realtors to develop the SALSA program to help
struggling homeowners looking for a short-sale
solution. Structured program allows participating
realtors to accept reduced commissions in
exchange for certain concessions.
- • Worked with NeighborWorks to secure
introductory and advanced training for new and
experienced housing counselors and foreclosure
- • Partnered with DHCD to help deliver the Mortgage
Late? Don't Wait! message from the Maryland
Governor's office and distribute consumer
information, including the HOPE brochure.
- • Conducts monthly meetings with partner
organizations to share insights, information and
best practices, and to leverage homeownership